I can feel you all around me, thickening the air I'm breathing, holding on to what I'm feeling, savoring this heart that's healing...

Sunday, March 15, 2009

sunny days make me happy.

Sunny days make me happy.

Driving home on the freeway, windows down and music blasting Grits' "Tennesee Boys"...

"65 south ridin' dirty window down open mouth
spirit stirred off the sermon I just heard that's my word
dipped and doused
awakened quickly mold me shape me but first strip,
hold me take me to extremes in my reside
though it seems I'm so beside
myself in this state I'm place in open the box my fate encased in break the seal and let me out
in Tennessee thats what I'm talkin' bout..."

Did I mention that sunny days make me happy?

Once I got home, I walked past a group of little Hispanic kids playing tag in the courtyard of my apartment building, and it was the cutest thing ever. Brought back so many good childhood memories. The tree was obviously base, and in between broken Spanish phrases I heard, "No babysitting! No babysitting!" I laughed as I walked upstairs, and now I'm wondering since when did "puppy-guarding" become "babysitting" ?

Sometimes I miss being 10 years old.

Now where's my Frisbee? I gotta go play!


0 comments: